Skip to main content

We're having a.....

 We're having a boy!! 



Oh, man we are excited. In all honesty, I've been like 100% sure it was a boy from the beginning so it was mostly nice to be proven right. Though, in the days leading up to the ultrasound I guess I did start to waiver and consider the possibility that it could have been a girl. But just barely. It may have been a blessing from heaven because I think I needed 4.5 months of preparation in order to not be disappointed that I can't buy girl clothes which are IMO much cuter. But it's okay, boy clothes are fun too - as long as you like trucks, dinosaurs, and animals. Which luckily I do! 


More importantly, though, the anatomy scan went perfectly! They looked at each organ and appendage and said everything was great! Two arms, two legs, lots of bones, and some absolutely stunning organs. Baby is in the 44th percentile, so measuring perfect and my due date is officially May 31st!

 I was incredibly stressed about the scan, so I feel like a huge weight has now been taken off my shoulders. We ended up waiting to find out the gender until after the appointment because I wanted to really enjoy finding out instead of lumping it in with stress of the anatomy scan and because it was fun to be able to do it with family. 

Nicole was really nice to make a bunch of blue and pink filled cupcakes and then pass out them out to everyone. Everyone took a bite and then we tallied how many blue and pink and whichever had more tallies was the gender. There was a bit of confusion at the end but it all worked out and we are super excited to have a boy. 

As far as pregnancy symptoms go - mostly everything has gotten better. I'm feeling lots of kicking and movement and this week Kelly was able to feel stuff to, which was fun. And also it's been easy to convince myself that I'm making everything I feel up so it's nice to have a witness. Kelly has been singing "You are my Sunshine" and "Edelweiss" to my belly which is the sweetest thing and also gets a lot of kicks so I assume the baby loves it. 

Outside of pregnancy....our lives are pretty normal. Starting to really get into sourdough and our Ninja Creami's which we love. We also went to Eden last week with some friends which was fun but also one of our friends went into labor during the night so it turned into a much more memorable trip. 


So that's pretty much it. We now get to start really prepping for baby which is already making the whole thing seem so real and making me want to make our little baby. We are just so happy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our little baby

 Our little Theodore Kelly was born on June 4, 2024 at 11:35pm. He was 8lbs 2oz and 22 inches long.  Birth story:  I was very certain that I was going to go into labor on my own but the doctor's office still encouraged to set a induction date just in case I didn't. The doctor I had seen the most (Dr. Case) was on call on  Friday May 31st (my due date) so I figured I would schedule the induction for that date, but was 100% certain that I would go into labor on my own before then. So naive. Thursday evening came and we started to feel uncertain as to what we should do since I really REALLY wanted to avoid an induction. Uncertain is probably a generous term - I may have had a small break down and was really questioning why we had wanted kids in the first place. Still, we figured that probably the hospital would call me in late in the day, with still the possibility of not going in at all if enough people happened to go into labor naturally on Friday so maybe I would still be able

The last 20 weeks of my pregnancy

 Very ironically the last half of my pregnancy really got away from me. Ironic, because each day felt like an eternity. Especially those last couple of weeks. Maybe it's good then I now having postpartum amnesia to all of my pregnancy symptoms because if I looked back and was able to remember it all more clearly I don't know that I'd ever want to get pregnant again.                                                                       Overall, my second trimester feels like a breeze. The nausea didn't go away until like the middle my second trimester, but it got a lot better. And again, compared to the nausea that other people experience I was feeling pretty lucky. I'd say my biggest symptoms were back pain (which really sucked) and just overall anxiety any time I couldn't feel my baby move. Which at the beginning/middle of the second trimester is a lot. The baby wasn't that big so Kelly was doing a lot of singing to my belly because that really got him kick

Start of 2024

 Once again at the start of a new year I've renewed my goal of consistently journaling. I'm hoping it'll take this year because we are having a baby and I want to make sure to document as much as I can about my experience with pregnancy and having a new baby. Also, I think people probably get tired of me talking about pregnancy and I'm certain will also get bored with hearing about a new baby so this will be a perfect place for me to get it all out.  2023 was a great and also not so great year. Lots of snowboarding, hiking, and being with family and friends! It started out with Kelly and I buying a new home in American Fork which we love! Looking back, I'm not sure why did it? We definitely didn't need a new home and we loved where we were living in West Valley, but we just kept thinking about it and thinking about it. Maybe it was because it was a crazy winter and we were desperate for a garage? Maybe it was that Kelly had gotten a new job in Lehi and we were t